An excellent starting point for the child or adult just beginning augmentative communication ... and those ready for the next step.
Designed for children and other entry-level AAC communicators, SpringBoard Lite measures just 7.3" square ... weighs just 2.5 lbs ... is available in five bold colors ... and features a built-in handle for maximum portability.
Its simplified operating system makes the dedicated SpringBoard Lite easy-to-use right out of the box. And, with 4-, 8-, 15- and 32-location display options, its communication capacity can grow along with the user's capabilities.
- Five integrated versions of pre-stored vocabulary using 4-, 8-, 15-, and 32-location options with a special emphasis on those core words that power most speech.
- Pre-stored Activity Row categories and vocabulary plus Pages with expanded word sets.
- Six User Area for creating transitional vocabularies, storing vocabularies for multiple assessment and training protocols.
- Specially created Visual Scenes for concept and language learning.
- Optional Intellitools Classroom Suite bundle
Easy Access Methods
- Direct Selection
- Single and dual-switch
- 8-, 15-, and 32-location clear keyguards to aid direct selection (plus custom keyguard options)
- USB connectivity for use with headpointing systems, mouse, and mouse emulation access products
- Widescreen TFT display for brighter, improved picture quality
- Built-in media player for playing MP3, WMA, and WAV files in stereo
- Infrared environmental control functions to control common IR devices, such as lights and TV/DVD players
- USB flash memory port and Secure Digital card slot enable faster, easier memory backup and transfer options
- Basic serial output to allow some computer access options
- Pre-loaded male and female recorded voices
- Optional Integrated Bluetooth connectivity (for computer access and wireless switch use only)
- Access to over 3,000 Minspeak icons in the device for customizing vocabulary
- Over 8,500 optional PCS symbols for core vocabulary, Activity Rows, and Pages
- Simple formats for importing icons or digital photographs to personalize the device and create Visual Scenes
- Simple steps to creating Activity Rows and Pages for specialized vocabulary
- New PRC Application and Support Software (PASSTM) has numerous special features, including an option to use simple drop-down menus plus tips and information to make it easier to customize and support the device
Special Clinician Tools
- Visual Scenes capability allows the creation of special teaching pages with "hot spots." Import a wide range of graphic formats, such as BMP, JPG, GIF, and many others
- Introductory set of therapy exercises
- "Exploration Wizard" for exploring targeting, picture recognition, associations, and vocabulary options
- "Quick Start" print guide that highlights the device's key operations
- PRC's Language Activity Monitoring (LAM) software for monitoring communication progress through the recording of each language "event."
- Vocabulary can be saved and transferred into more advanced PRC devices as skills expand
- Weight: 2 lbs., 8 oz.
- Dimensions: 7.3"w x 7.3"h x 1.8"d
- Display size: 7" WVGA (diagonal measurement)
- Speech memory: Over 60 minutes of digitized speech capacity
- Battery life: 6-8 hours (normal operation)