Creamy Kale Caesar Salad
- Jun 04, 2021
- 1 can Chickpeas (Cooked)
- 1 bunch Kale Leaves (massages and chopped)
- 1/2 cup Radish (sliced)
- 2 cups Carrot (Grated)
- 1 tbsp Red Onion (Minced)
- 1/2 cup Purple Cabbage (Shredded)
- 1 tbsp Sunflower Seeds (Toasted Sunflower seeds (or pumpkin seeds))
- 1/2 cup raw cashews (high-powered blender or soak overnight)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL) Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1/2 tablespoon (7.5 mL) Worcestershire sauce or soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons capers
- 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt and pepper, or to taste
- Rip the kale leaves from the thickest portion of the stem and place into a large bowl. Then drizzle 1 tbsp of oil and lemon juice or apple cider vinegar onto the leaves to massage them until tender. Set aside.
- Chop or shred purple cabbage, massaged kale, carrot and other vegetables. Add the minced red onion and chickpeas.
- In a food processor or high-powered blender, add the cashews, water, lemon juice, mustard, garlic powder, garlic clove, Worcestershire sauce, and capers. Salt and pepper as desired. Blend until desired consistency is reached by adding a splash of water if needed.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and serve.
- No Radish
Sub Purple Cabbage
- No Kale
Use Romaine Lettuce and Green Lettuce
- Massaging Kale
Pre-massage the kale using a pinch of salt and some lemon juice or apple cider vinegar and olive oil. Very little is needed to massage the kale until it is tender.
Nutritional Info4 Servings
- Calories 98
- Fat 6g
- Saturated Fat 1g
- Carbohydrates 10g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 54mg
- Potassium 363mg
- Calcium 34mg
- Iron 1mg
- Folate 36ug
- Vitamin B12 0ug
Aroga Lifestyle Medicine
Aroga Lifestyle Medicine is a trail-blazing clinic with an multi-disciplinary team that believes that most, if not all, cardiac and metabolic illnesses can be prevented and treated with intensive lifestyle modifications. Using evidenced-based therapies, patients are empowered to experience true healing and wellness.